Saturday, September 12, 2015

Everything ABC's blog hop - letter S

Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop
For this hop, we will be featuring the letter "S".  This may be the name of a paper, stamp set or an embellishment.  Whatever the crafter has chosen as their "S" element will be featured in their post.;
If you came from Catherine Nowak's Blogthen you're on the right track. In case you get lost along the way...go to Scrappy Therapy.  She has the list of all the participants. 

My "S" is for Spider!  My 4 year old grandson has an obsession with spiders.  He spots them everywhere. He actually took a flashlight and checked under the TV stand. You know it!  He found LOTS of spiderwebs. 
(FYI - Since I'm still working, my retired hubby does the vacuuming.)  
So, I decided to make a card to embrace and celebrate SPIDERS!  I love our Cricut Cartridges, I used Artbooking for this card. I'll call it the Super Speedy, Super Simple card Strategy! 
Cricut Cartridge Artbooking pg. 54
For the "Awesome" I used the stencil created from the Enchantment Fundamental stickers and sponged it using blank ink.
So Sooooo Easy!

After looking at the card, I thought it would look better with a black mat and some embellishment on the bottom. So, I add the gray strip with silver sequins topped with black Sparkles Assortment z1754
Your next stop on our Everything ABC's blog hop
 Be sure to leave comments. We really read them all. 
I hope you enjoy the inspiration!  

5 comments:

  1. Great card ~ love the simplicity of it. My son who is almost 4 is also into finding spiders too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card! Spiders are not welcome at our house! Ick! Love the shimmer you added too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I just realized I could have also used shimmer trim. RE: spiders - Hahahaha Spider repellant: Spiders don't like peppermint oil or vinegar, so use a combination of the two against them. Spray windowsills and entryways with a solution of 1/2 cup white vinegar, 1 1/2 cups water, and 20 drops of peppermint essential oil. (Eucalyptus oil purportedly works, too, but I find peppermint a more pleasant scent.) OBVIOUSLY, I haven't used this trick - YET!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you sponged the sentiment, very clever!

    ReplyDelete