Saturday, February 7, 2015

Hello February

Starting another first in my life. At school we just finished the first semester of 2014-2015 and are one week into the second semester which is the last of my career life.  Since I've never had a last semester before this must be a first - last semester. Weekends are a sweet taste of retirement.  Time to craft and play.

Today I'm updating my blog and finishing a couple projects.  I'm also recovering from a great fundraiser for our Gems girls' club last night. I admit, I'm exhausted. We have 19 girls and 4 counselors in our GEMS (Girls Everywhere Meeting the Savior) club. Last night with lots of help from my counselors, we had a baked potato dinner with all the toppings including three big pots of chili. We served about 80 people.  For dessert we had brownies with ice cream, chocolate sauce, and whipped cream. The yummiest!  After dinner some folks went home and over 50 staying to watch or play Bunko.  The evening was so much fun, we're going to plan a follow-up bunko night in a couple months - Just desserts.


Baked potato and chili. We had ALL the toppings. This was lunch today and I had given away the left -over broccoli or I would also have had that, too. The easiest-meal-ever for a crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment